Friday 19 April 2013

Week Four From The Rehearsal Room


I'm writing my last blog of the rehearsal period from the auditorium looking at our fantastic set designed by Ti Green.

This is always my favourite time, seeing all the actors in costume and the technical wizardry of our lighting and sound designers. Jon has composed some brilliant underscoring and Rich's lighting is really bringing the magic of our A Midsummer Night’s Dream alive.


From the moment all our props started arriving in the last week of rehearsals, the actors have been discovering exciting ways of including them in their performance, and getting on set has added another dimension to the storytelling and given us even more to play with.

All that’s left is to finish off some tech cues and do a dress rehearsal ahead of tonight's preview. It's been a playful and hugely interesting journey, and I have cried sometimes with laughter, so I hope you all enjoy it as much as we have.

Helen Barnett
Assistant Director


PS:
If you come back to this page over the following weeks, my friends in the marketing department will be adding production photos and news of press reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment